How to book exams with SEN or EHCP Access Arrangements

Here is a simple guide from JCQ about the rules and requirements to book exams if your child needs any kind of special access arrangements.

Access Arrangements allow (Private) candidates/learners with special educational needs, disabilities or temporary injuries to access the exam without changing the demands of the exam. For example, readers, scribes and Braille question papers. In this way Awarding Bodies will comply with the duty of the Equality Act 2010 to make ‘reasonable adjustments’.

Many children are Home Educated due to anxiety and it is possible to make arrangements with your exam centre to allow them to sit the exams in a small or quiet room away from other people. Some children may need to use a computer instead of writing on paper. Your exam centre will have a limited number small rooms or computers so the earlier you make contact with your exam centre and get these things organised and agreed to, the better. Most exam centres will run out months in advance.

Bear in mind that there may be extra costs involved if the exam centre needs to hire additional invigilators for example. You may have to pay to get certain documents from professionals, for example Educational Psychologists, Dyslexia assessments or teacher reports to name just a few.

Further information on how to book exams with SEN or EHCP Access Arrangements is available from JCQ here:

Access Arrangements, Reasonable Adjustments and Special Consideration

Happy Home Edding


How to book exams with SEN or EHCP Access Arrangements

If you need any subject help, LOOK HERE